The Top 50 Inspirational Movies
This is my list of the movies that inspire me the most. I am a movieholic and hope you guys find inspiration from this list. Enjoy the show
1. PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS- A rages to riches story about a man who goes for his dreams and wont let his circumstances get in the way
2. Remember The Titans- In the 1970S a black and white high school are closed down and blacks and whites are mixed together. Through all the racial tension a black coach is chosen to head the newly segregated football team
3. FOREST GUMP- The story of a man with a low IQ who rose above his challenges, and proved that determination, courage, and love are more important than intellectual ability
4. THE COLOR PURPLE-Its based on the life and trials and tribulations Christian movies of an African American woman in the early 1900’s
5. RUDY: A big football fan who always had the dream to play for the Notre Dame football team. He is told he is too small for the game but he perseveres on
6. ALI-Based on the true story of great boxing champion Muhammad Ali
7. LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL-It’s the story of a funny and carefree Jewish man who uses his comic talent to protect his son from the realities of Nazi occupation
8. BRAVEHEART-Story of William Wallace a peasant who unites the 13th Century Scottish in their battle to overthrow the English rule.
9. ERIN BROKONVICH- About an unemployed single mother who becomes a legal assistant and almost on her own brings down a California power company accused of polluting a city’s water supply.
10. THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION- Two men in prison bond over a number of years, they find eventual redemption through acts of decency.
11. REDEMPTION: The Stan Tookie Williams Story- About the founder of the street gang the crepes and how in prison he found redemption. On death row he is able to find redemption
12. THE HURRICANE- The story of a talented boxer who is wrongly convicted of murder and his fight for his innocence
13. Billy Elliot- A young boy decides to become a ballet dancer and he gets some resistance from his family. He faces many trials as well triumphs as he perseveres to change his family’s narrow minded set ways, inner conflict, and standing on his own feet
14. A BEAUTIFUL MIND-A bio of the rise of John Forbes Nash Jr., a math genius able to solve problems that baffled the greatest of minds. And how he was able to overcame years of suffering from schizophrenia to win the Nobel Prize in 1994
15. GANDHI-True story about Mohandas Gandhi a prominent Indian leader
16. Chariots Of Fire-About athletes who compete in the Summer Olympics about their perseverance and triumph.
17. PHILADELPHIA- Is a movie dealing with HIV/AIDS and homosexuality and it highlights the homophobic and stigma of the two
18. FRIED GREEN TOMATOES- Its a recollection movie where an older lady recalls the story of two women their trials and tribulations and lifelong friendship
19. RAIN MAN- About a selfish man who finds out his father left his millions of dollars to an older brother he didn’t even know existed
20. THE NOTEBOOK- A beautiful love story which lasts decades
21. TITANIC- Is a movie set on the ill fated Titanic ship and its about a love story that develops on the ship
22. SEA BISCUIT- True story of the undersized Depression-era racehorse whose victories lifted not only the spirits of the team behind it but also those of their nation
23. RAY-True life story of Ray Charles and his amazing story of overcoming the impossible
24. PAY IT FORWARD- About the miraculous story of how a young boy changes the lives of many people through the simple act of good deeds
25. THE BUCKET LIST- About two old timers who decide to do all the things they have always wanted to do before they die of their terminal illnesses
26. MILK- About the life of Harvey Milk the first openly gay man elected to public office in America in the 70s. It is about his impact on the gay rights movement. One of the best movies I have ever seen.
27. Coach Carter- A basketball coach at a high school works hard to change the bad attitudes of his students.
28. RADIO- About a shy mentally challenged man who inspires a community
29. FREEDOM WRITERS- About a teacher who teachers rough inner city kids who fights to make a difference in the students lives and set them on a better path
30. NORMA REA- About a mill worker in a southern textile company who stands up for the better working conditions of her workers and herself.
31. THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK- Based on the life of Anne Frank who hides from the NAZI during the invasion
32. GLORY : The story of the first company of black soldiers in the American civil war
33. LIFE SUPPORT- the story of a mother with AIDS who overcomes crack addiction becomes an AIDS activist in her community
34. BABE- A pig which is raised by sheep dogs learns how to herd sheep
35. WHATS LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT- The amazing life story of the great entertainer Tina Turner and the amazing obstacles that she overcame