The immediate chaos after a car accident in Nevada can be hard to comprehend. You probably realize that the other driver didn’t act responsibly and is liable for the mishap, but this is not the time for an argument. You need to take appropriate steps and must look for aggressive legal representation at the earliest. Insurance companies won’t be easy on you, and unless you have a trusted attorney on your side, you may not have the sense of security you need. We recommend you don’t miss these steps after a car crash in Nevada.
- Stop at the scene. Even when you think that the accident is not a major one, don’t run away from the scene. If you drive away, it could be considered a crime in Nevada. Assess the situation and move your vehicle to a safer place, provided it doesn’t involve additional risks.
- Check the need for emergency medical care. If you are seriously hurt, or someone else needs assistance, call 911 from the spot and wait for the police to arrive. You could end up saving someone’s life with that call. Do not try to move someone out of debris unless it is safe.
- Exchange information. You should talk to other parties and drivers at the scene and gather their contact details, regardless of who or what caused the mishap. You need license and insurance details for your claim and must share the same info with others.
- Gather witness details. Witnesses are relevant and can offer testimonies to bolster your claim, and you need to gather their contact details immediately. Ensure you share the info with your attorney who will take the necessary steps.
- Take pictures. Use your camera to take photos of the vehicles at the scene. Videos and pictures are great for establishing the aftermath of a car crash, and you can also document the road conditions and everything around you.
Call an attorney
Always hire an injury lawyer who has experience handling such cases. Lawyers who deal with car accident cases often have resources and experts at their disposal and can guide you at every step. They can also initiate the claims process and talk to the insurance adjuster. There is very little that you need to do to get a settlement after hiring a lawyer, and the sooner you have legal help, the better your chances are.
Not to forget, don’t apologize after a car accident.